Sunday 13 March 2011

Plus size brides

In my opinion building up to your own wedding is a stressful time for any bride. We want to look our best and will stop at nothing to get there. Being a plus size bride myself I have the extra anxiety of wanting to be a size 10 model bride but knowing that this is not going to happen. I have decided to give some of the tips and ideas I have found in my search for ways to help me with my confidence on my wedding day.

First off all I have managed to shed a few pounds since our engagement. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked but I have gone down a couple of dress sizes so I'm feeling a lot happier about wearing my dress. I chose my dress months ago and bought it in a size 16. I haven't been able to get in to it yet so have decided to be realistic and sell it. I've bought it again in the next size up and this fits perfectly.





With the aid of some magic underwear such as Gok Wans sex kitten corset I will be feeling confident all day.



I would also advise that if you aren't that comfortable with your arms then invest in a shrug of some sort to wear if you feel the need. There are some lovely ones like this one from Dorothy Perkins


The main thing to remember is that everyone is there because they love you and want to share in your joy. Don't let yourself get too hung up trying to be the perfect model bride. Enjoy your day and when you look back on your photos you will look gorgeous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment