Saturday 24 September 2011

I saw the sign.....

Since getting married in April, I've had lots of thoughts about what I wish we'd had at our wedding, even now less than 6 months later my tastes have changed. My new passion is for wedding signs. There are so many things that a wedding sign can add to your day. From basic signs to point guests in the direction of the marquee and the toilets etc. To romantic signs such as 'To have and to hold' and 'Here comes the bride'.

We've just started creating signs and adding them to our repertoire. We've had orders for various signs including 'wedding party this way' 'bridal party' 'Charlotte and Shauns Wedding Party' 'Welcome to our wedding' and we are currently working on a sign for a pageboy to carry up the aisle saying 'here comes the bride'.



I am starting to get sign obsessed. I looking at every blank wall in our house thinking 'what sign could I put there??'

My husband (that still feels strange to type!) makes the signs out of reclaimed wood. He uses a sander to sand them smooth and then gives them a wash of paint (the choice is yours) and then sands it back again to give a vintage look. My job is to painstakingly hand paint each letter with a little help from a stencil and the to paint on various arrows. Then when dry we give it a bit more sanding around the edges for good measure.

We are loving making these signs and the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment