Wednesday 2 February 2011

Spring has sprung

We are having a spring wedding. My favourite flowers are Hyacinths, Freesias and Roses.

My fiancé’s favourites are Tulips. We've kept our flower budget to the minimum by practicing different arrangements at home. I have had the idea of planting some Hyacinths in bowls and when they burst in to bloom I can use them as table decorations at our wedding breakfast.


I can then give them away as presents to the mother of the bride and mother of the groom. If planted in the garden they will grow back every year and remind them of our special day in April! The total cost of this will be less that £40. I will tie some pretty lace around the bowls to make them look more special.

Meanwhile on the business front, we are currently working on a few different orders. One bride has ordered MR & MRS in peach and they look beautiful. My fiancé is just given them a bit of a polish up before sending them out. Another order is for cream shabby chic MR & MRS. Shabby chic is our favourite design. As we 'shabby chic' each letter individually every letter looks different. I'm imagining a marquee with cream roses and white table linen and our stunning letters line up along the top table.

Gorgeous!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your fantastic website and have just ordered my MR & MRS in ivory shabby chic, and your description above is just what I'm after with the inclusion of lace and pearls to add a touch of glamour! I can't wait...only a year to go! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete